Saturday, April 4, 2009

04-04-09 Swirling Waves of Bliss

Look! A very early entry; the show's not even finished airing. Some of the best new shoegazing tracks I've stumbled across this decade (and some Robin Guthrie worshiping). My mother once turned to me and asked, "You really like those Cockatoo Twins, don't you?" I just smiled and said, "Yes, mom. Yes, I do."
Stream or Download

Sunsplit - We Fall Away (I cannot get enough of these guys. Preview the album here and if you like it, buy it. Eight bucks is super-cheap for nine excellent tracks).

Malory - Wake Up
Dead Leaf Echo - Pale Fire
Station Break - Bethany Curve - Airplanes Down
Scarlet Youth - Gleaming Endless Ocean
The Mary Onettes - Explosions
Cocteau Twins - Donimo
Violet Indiana - Purr La Perla
Station Break - Robin Guthrie - Last Exit
Mono - Playboys
Craig Armstrong feat. Elizabeth Fraser - This Love
Pacific UV - Out in the Blue