Saturday, November 22, 2008

11-22-08

This show didn't come together like I had planned. I was left with seven minutes of space to fill and couldn't manage to re-arrange anything well enough to cap things off with "Nature Boy" as I'd intended. But, it is what it is. So for the anniversary of "mission accomplished" I present a collection of songs about dreams, lies, destruction, desperation, death, the end and love.
Stream or Download


Tom Waits - Alice
Dresden Dolls - Mrs. O
Jason Webley - Dance While the Sky Crashes Down
Vermillion Lies - I Should Fly
Station Break - Mercury Rev - I Collect Coins
Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - Toby Take A Bow
Rilo Kiley - The Execution of All Things
The Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettes
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
Station Break - Mercury Rev - The Happy End (The Drunk Room)
Morrissey - Everyday Is Like Sunday
Depeche Mode - Stripped
Placebo - Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush cover)
Shearwater - Rooks
Big Star - Nature Boy
Lights Out Asia - Drift_Fade

Bonus Video Time!

Interesting note: when I was first approached with the idea of doing a show, I had initially considered calling it "Running Up That Hill Radio" because I love this song so much. Thankfully it hasn't been the uphill battle that everything else is. And so-

Kate Bush being... Kate Bush in the video for "Running Up That Hill":




So, this is actually a fan-made video, but it's professional quality and pretty amazing as far as videos go. While I don't like the male singer's voice on this track, STG made a decent effort and it outshines that godawful other cover that was released on the Depeche Mode tribute album x years back. Anyway, without further ado: Shiny Toy Guns performing "Stripped".

No comments: