Sunday, September 7, 2008

09-06-08 TeeVee on the Radio Show

This radio program was specially put together to make a statement about television's ruthless yoke over American (and global) culture.
Special thanks again to Shellzx for planting the seed for this show in my brainmeats as well as helping me compile over half of the material for it.
Stream or Download

Gil Scot-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Frank Zappa - I Am the Slime
David Bowie - TVC15
Iggy & the Stooges - TV Eye
Break
The Misfits - TV Casualty
The Damned - Nasty
The Cramps - TV Set
Man... or Astroman? - Television Man (Talking Heads cover)
Crass - Nineteen Eighty-Bore
Violent Femmes - I Hate the TV
Break
Miranda July - Lena Beamish
Daft Punk - Television Rules the Nation
Negativland - The Playboy Channel
The Normal - TVOD

The Damned - Nasty (performance from BBC comedy The Young Ones):


The Normal - TVOD


I really wish I had the technologies to upload the December 1976 Frank Zappa performance of "I Am the Slime" from Saturday Night Live. It's truly brilliant (complete with actual slime).

Black Flag - TV Party (I am not a huge fan of this song or band, but I felt it necessary to include this for completeness' sake)

No comments: